Huckleberry Lemon Refresher
The combination of sparkling water and a shrub is refreshing in a way that few sodas can be; they're not overly sweet, yet are very flavorful.
- ½ oz. Eureka Lemon Juice
- ½ oz. Wine Forest Huckleberry Shrub
- ½ oz. Lemon Verbena Infused Simple Syrup
- 5 oz. Sparkling Water
- Combine the lemon juice, huckleberry shrub and simple syrup in a glass with ice. Stir well.
- Top with sparkling water and gently stir.
- Adjust sweetness to your taste.
For the Lemon Verbena Simple Syrup
This simple syrup sweetens iced tea, cocktails and cold fruit desserts very nicely. Keep a stash in the refrigerator just in case.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup Lemon Verbena leaves, tightly packed
- Combine the sugar and the water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon verbena leaves and let infuse for ten minutes.
- Remove the lemon verbena and strain.
- Let cool and store in a clean jar in the refrigerator.