Porchetta, or the scrumptious crusty, herb- filled Italian suckling pig is hearkened in no time thanks to the variety of seasonings and citrus notes in our Wine Forest Fennel Rub.
Your kitchen will be filled with the aromas of summer herbs, garlic and slow-sizzling pork.
Serves 4 - 6
- 2 pounds of pork roast
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons Wine Forest Fennel Pollen Rub
- Position a rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a mortar or processor, crush the 2 cloves of peeled garlic or blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and combine until a crumbly paste is formed. Cover the pork roast with the paste, then allow to sit for at least 20 minutes. Place the roast in a roasting pan, cast iron if you have it, and cook at 450°F for 30 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350°F and cook until internal temperature reaches 140°F and the outside has a lovely crust.
- Let the meat rest for 10 minutes. To serve: Remove any string from the pork roast. Slice and serve.