Candy Cap Butter Cookies
Is it possible that a cookie as unassuming in appearance as a butter cookie can pack in even more scrumptious deep flavor? Why, yes. Our Wine Forest Candy Cap Extract blends smoothly and beautifully with butter, lending it a natural richness that compliments with subtle sweet, toasty maple notes.
Makes 4 dozen small cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons light brown or Wine Forest Candy Cap Sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Wine Forest Wild Candy Cap Mushroom Tincture/Extract
- 2 cups flour
- Cream the soft butter, sugar, vanilla, Candy Cap Extract and salt together until fluffy. Check the salt level to taste.
- Add the egg yolk and beat again, until fluffy and light.
- Add the flour and blend smoothly until just combined.
- Turn the light dough out onto some plastic wrap and form into a roll, then wrap.
- Chill the dough roll until firm (overnight always works).
- Cut the dough into ¼ inch thick coins, place 1 inch apart on baking sheet with parchment or a silpat, and bake at 350 degrees for about ten to twelve minutes, or until the edges start to turn golden.
- Cool on a rack. These are best served soon, while crisp and loaded with that buttery perfume. Store in an air-tight container.