Wine Forest Haskap Berry Shrub
Lonicera caerulea 8.5 fl oz.
The nearly forgotten colonial shrub elixir is back in a big way these days. Our Good Food Award 2023 Finalist Haskap Berry Shrub is loaded with deep flavors reminiscent of black cherries and blackberries.
This delicious shrub/syrup makes a stunning soda pop, a stellar winter salad dressing ingredient, and always a secret weapon for making magical cocktails. I often just go simple and pour it over French vanilla or even chocolate ice cream like a great aged balsamic vinegar.
- On a hot day, just pour one part Haskap Berry Shrub over ice and add 6 parts sparkling water. You get bonus points for adding a shot of gin to this too.
- Use as a mixer in cocktails and non-alcoholic blended drinks.
- This makes a refreshing addition to salad dressings.
- Flavor your yogurt with this colorful, tangy dark berry syrup.
- Dress fruit salad with this for a touch of sweetness and zest.
- Punch up the color and flavor of your summer fruit crisps, cobblers and pies.